Terms and Conditions
Welcome to https://www.familywellness-institute.com/ (our Site).
This Site gives you an opportunity to browse and purchase products and services for educational purposes.
These Terms and
Conditions (Terms) govern your use of this Site, as well as Family
Wellness International Institute’s products and services, and form a binding
contractual agreement between you and us.
These Terms are important and you should ensure that you read them carefully and contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions before purchasing our products or engaging our services.
These Terms constitute the entire and only agreement between you and us and supersedes all prior agreements, conduct, representations, and understandings.
Family Wellness International Institute’s products and services are intended for people aged 18 and over.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- By accessing, downloading or using the products and services offered on our Site, whether or not you register as students or clients, you agree to be bound by these Terms, which you acknowledge that you have read and understood.
- We may change all or part of these Terms at any time. If we do, the new terms and conditions will be posted on this Site. Your continued use of the Site will constitute your acceptance of any changes. If you object to any changes to the Terms, your only remedy is to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and immediately discontinue your use of the products and/or services.
- All of our products and services are intended for education and information purposes only. Nothing on this Site, or any of the content provided to you by us during our provision of the products and/ or services, purports to offer legal, medical, tax or other professional advice. Use caution and always seek professional advice before acting on any information that we provide.
- We provide education, support, guidance, and tools for you as a professional, but any decision you make, and the consequences that flow from such decisions, is your sole responsibility. You acknowledge the content and service we provide may include interventions, treatments, and modalities that are beyond your authorized practice. As a professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your profession’s standards.
- Any testimonials and examples within our marketing materials are not to be taken as a guarantee that you will achieve the same or similar results.
- You acknowledge and agree that Family Wellness International Institute, its directors, principals, employees, and representatives are not responsible for decisions that you may make nor losses that may arise out of any business or personal decision made by you at any time.
REGISTERING YOUR DETAILS
- Before you purchase our products and/or services, you must register through an application form.
- You must provide accurate, complete and up-to-date registration information, as requested, and it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your registration information.
- We may at any time request a form of identification to verify your identity.
- If you are a registered user or member of this Site, you acknowledge and agree that:
- You are solely responsible for protection and confidentiality of any password or member identification that may be issued to or subscribed for by you from time to time (Password);
- You will not reveal (or cause to be revealed through any act or omission) your Password to any other person;
- You will immediately notify us if your Password is lost or becomes known to any other person
- You are solely responsible for all access to and use of this site via your Password, whether such access or use is by you or any other person; and
- Any information you provide to us for posting or inclusion in Family Wellness International Institute Community, at any time, becomes our property.
- You must ensure the security and confidentiality of your registration details, including any username and/or Password. You must notify us immediately if they become aware of any unauthorized use of your registered details.
- Where a member service is for one user only, you will not let any other person use your Password or any registered user or member services.
- When using our products and/or services, you may be given access to Facebook groups, other online or in-person forums or events ‘Family Wellness International Institute Community’ in which you may post comments, photos, messages or other material (Your Content). When posting Your Content, you agree that you will not post or otherwise publish through this Site or our Family Wellness International Institute Community any of the following:
- Content that is unlawful, fraudulent, misleading, deceitful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, abusive, offensive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Content that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful to an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability.
- Information that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s consent.
- Information that constitutes promotion or advertisement for groups, events or activities organized through competing for social clubs, activity sites and internet platforms, except as otherwise expressly permitted by us.
- Any information or content that impersonates any person or entity.
- Any material, non-public information about companies without authorization to do so.
- Any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us).
- By posting or otherwise publishing Your Content on our Site or any social medial by Family Wellness International Institute Community, you:
- Grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, license to use, reproduce, edit and exploit Your Content in any form and for any purpose;
- Warrant that you have the right to grant the above licenses;
- Warrant that Your Content does not breach these Terms; and
- Consent to any act or omission which would otherwise constitute an infringement of your moral rights, and if you add any content in which any third party has moral rights, you must also ensure that the third party also consents in the same manner.
- We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to:
- Review, modify, reformat, reject or remove Your Content that, in our opinion, violates these Terms or otherwise has the potential to harm, endanger or violate the rights of any person; and
- Monitor use of the Site, and store or disclose any information that we collect, including in order to investigate compliance with the Terms or for the purposes of any police investigation or governmental request.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Our Site and any Family Wellness International Institute Community is a space for learning and is a pitch-free, solicitation-free and sales-free environment.
- While using this Site and/or any Family Wellness International Institute Community, we ask that you not:
- Contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted.
- Collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes.
- Infringe other user’s privacy rights.
- Violate the intellectual property of others.
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms or any other harmful code; or
- Use manual or automated software, devices, script robots, other means or processes to access our Site or any related data or information.
- Please see our Family Wellness International Institute Community Guidelines before joining any group on social media.
- We respect your confidential and proprietary information, ideas, plans and trade secrets (collectively, Confidential Information) and by using our products and/or services, you agree to respect the same rights of the other Family Wellness International Institute product and/or services participants (Participants) and representatives of Family Wellness International Institute.
- You agree:
- That any confidential information shared by Participants or any of our representatives is confidential and proprietary and belongs solely and exclusively to the Participant who discloses it or to us.
- Not to disclose such information to any other person or use it in any manner other than in discussion with Participants during training sessions.
- That all materials and information provided to you by us are our confidential and proprietary information and intellectual property, belong solely and exclusively to us, and may only be used by you as authorized by us.
- That if you violate, or threaten to violate, any of your agreements contained in this paragraph we will be entitled to, among other things, injunctive relief to prohibit such violations.
GHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
- All material on this Site, in our Family Wellness International Institute Community or otherwise delivered by us including (but not limited to) course content, text, graphics, information architecture and coding (Our Content), is subject to copyright. While you may access, browse or print Our Content for non-commercial, personal or internal business use, you must obtain our prior express written permission if you’d like to use, copy, record or reproduce it. Modification of Our Content for any other purpose is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights and is strictly prohibited.
- You acknowledge and agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Site or Our Content to create your own certification programs for commercial use, other than internal use in your practice.
- Integrative Pediatric Sleep Health Program™ (Saúde Integrativa do Sono™ & Saúde Integrativa do Sono Infantil™), Integrative Pediatric Sleep and Family Well-being Educator™ (Educador Integrativo do Sono Infantil e Bem-estar Familiar™), Integrative Childhood Health™ (Saúde Integrativa Infantil), Integrative Childhood Health Educator™ (Educador em Saúde Integrativa Infantil) are all registered and unregistered trademarks owned by Family Wellness International Institute.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on our Site are the registered and/or unregistered trademarks of Family Wellness International Institute. The trademarks whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that does not belong to Family Wellness International Institute, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion with customers, or in any manner that disparages Family Wellness International Institute.
- Nothing contained on this Site or in our Family Wellness International Institute Community should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark without our express written permission.
- You agree that damages may be an inadequate remedy to a breach of these Terms and acknowledge that Family Wellness International Institute will be entitled to seek injunctive relief if such steps are necessary to prevent violations of its intellectual property rights.
RIGHT TO SUSPEND, TERMINATE AND REFUND
- We reserve the right to deny, suspend or terminate your use of the Site, the Family Wellness International Institute Community or our products and/or services generally, if you breach any of these Terms, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Refunds are not provided for our products and/or services, including where you have been given access to Our Content or our Family Wellness International Institute Community, whether accessed by you or not unless we are in breach of the United States Consumer Law.
32. The cost, cancellation and refund, if any, details of our products and services are set out on the description of the individual program. Invoices for any Family Wellness International Institute programs are automatically generated and can be requested at any time by emailing email@example.com.
33. Some programs may be paid in one payment or on a monthly payment plan. The payment will be taken automatically from the nominated credit card on the same date of each month. Payments made by credit card will be automatically processed on the monthly due date. If the credit card bounces for any reason, attempts to charge will be made in the following days/weeks. If the card continues to bounce or rejects the payment, or if a charge-back is claimed by the client or their bank, the matter will be handled internally with written notice or transferred to a debt collection agency at your cost.
- Some of our payments are operated through an online and automated billing system (Online Payment). Where your payments are made via Online Payment:
- You agree to ensure sufficient funds are available in your nominated account to meet any account withdrawals made by us on their scheduled due dates.
- If payment is defaulted or not received, you authorize us to debit any outstanding funds from your nominated account without the need for notification at a future date.
- Where another agent or enterprise is debiting funds pursuant to an arrangement entered into with us, you also affirm the same rights and undertakings explained in these Terms to them.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate any product or service, at our discretion, if payment defaults.
- We reserve the right to on-sell or otherwise authorize a debt-collection or other authorized agency to collect any amount not paid by you.
- We reserve the right to inform credit watch monitoring services of ongoing default trends or payment-avoiding strategies employed where we deem it is appropriate.
- We endeavor to work with clients who have financial difficulties to ensure actions such as those listed above do not happen. If you are having difficulties or require a payment plan, please contact us.
- In circumstances where we invoice you for payment, payment is due and payable by the payment date noted on the invoice. Failure to make payment by the payment date may lead to suspension of use of our product and/or services.
- From time to time, Family Wellness International Institute may offer members the opportunity to purchase additional products and services at a discounted rate. To be eligible for this discount, you must be an active member in good standing at the time of purchase.
For the purpose of the paragraphs below, Live Events such as workshops, training, and retreats hosted by Family Wellness International Institute will be referred to as ‘Events’.
- Events are strictly adults-only to ensure professionalism and a quiet working environment for all other attendees.
- Family Wellness International Institute reserves the right to exclude you from any Event should you, in Family Wellness International Institute’s sole determination, become disruptive.
- You understand and acknowledge that Family Wellness International Institute and/or its representatives may record any aspect of an Event (Recordings). Those Recordings may be in the form of audio, video or still photography, and those Recordings may be used in the production of marketing or other materials to be used by Family Wellness International Institute.
- You hereby waive any and all legal rights you may have against Family Wellness International Institute in respect of Recordings of your participation in the event and grant to Family Wellness International Institute the absolute right and permission to copyright and use, reuse and publish the Recordings where you may be depicted or included, in whole or in part, or composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or alterations from time to time, or reproductions thereof in color or otherwise, made through any medium and in any and all media now or later known, for art, advertising, trade or any other legal purpose. You also consent to the use of any printed matter in conjunction with that use.
- You waive any right that you may have to inspect or approve the finished product or products of the Recordings or any printed matter that may be used in connection with the Recordings or the use to which it may be applied.
- You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless Family Wellness International Institute from any and all liability that has or may occur in the making of the Recordings or any subsequent process or publication.
- You acknowledge and understand that you are not permitted to make any of your own Recordings at any Event, webinar or other in-person forum.
- In the unlikely event that Family Wellness International Institute cancels an Event, you will receive a full refund of the purchase price paid for the Event. Family Wellness International Institute will not reimburse any optional expenses including but not limited to flights and accommodation.
- Tickets for Events are not transferrable. No-shows are not refundable.
LIABILITY IS LIMITED
- The disclaimers, liability limitations and indemnities within these Terms do not exclude rights that by law may not be excluded. Such rights include, but are not limited to, those rights under the United States Consumer Law.
- We do not make any express or implied representation or warranty about, or shall be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, damages or reliance in connection with any of our Site, Family Wellness International Institute Community or Our Content.
- In no event will we be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, or the cost of procurement of substitute products or services arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, unauthorized use, performance or non-performance of or reliance upon this Site, Family Wellness International Institute Community or Our Content.
- These limitations and terms include (but are not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of:
- Reliance on the completeness, accuracy, suitability or currency of information, products or services irrespective of any verifying measures taken by us (including third party material and advertisements).
- Failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third-party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorized access to records.
- Accessing websites or servers maintained by other organizations through links on our Site, Family Wellness International Insitute Community or products or services. Links are provided for convenience only. We do not endorse linked websites nor their products and services and you access them at your own risk.
- The use of credit card or other financial information, failure to complete (or delay in completing) any transaction, or other loss or damage arising from any transaction made or attempted on our Site.
- You indemnify us from all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred or suffered by you or us as a direct or indirect consequence of using or attempting to use our information, products, services or any breach by you or your agents of these Terms. We are not responsible for, and expressly disclaim all liability to the fullest extent permitted by law, for damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within our Site, Family Wellness International Institute Community or through use of our products or services.
- As affiliates of certain products and services, we may receive compensation for recommending and promoting products/services linked to from this Site or via Family Wellness International Institute Community.
- You cannot transfer or assign your participation or membership for any training, online or live event.
- If a dispute arises between the parties in relation to these Terms, the dispute must be dealt with in accordance with this clause and any party claiming that a dispute exists must notify the other party to the dispute (Second Party) in writing of the nature of the dispute.
- In the case of claims against us, all notices are to be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the dispute is not resolved by agreement within five (5) business days of the Second Party receiving the notice referred to above, either party may refer the matter to mediation conducted by a mediator agreed between the parties within a further five (5) business days or failing agreement within that period in accordance with the United States law. Once a mediator is appointed, the parties agree that:
- The costs of the mediator shall be borne equally between the disputing parties.
- The chosen mediator shall determine the procedures for mediation.
- The chosen mediator will not have the power or authority to make any other determination in relation to the dispute.
- If the parties have not mediated a resolution of the dispute within ten (10) business days of the selection of a mediator, neither party shall be obliged to continue any attempt at mediation under this clause, and either party may then commence such legal proceedings as it considers fit in relation to the dispute.
- Nothing in this clause prevents a party from commencing proceedings seeking urgent interlocutory relief from a court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction to hear the matter, if, in that party’s reasonable opinion, it is necessary to protect their rights.
- Despite the existence of a dispute the parties must continue to comply with their obligations under the contract.
- This clause survives the termination of these Terms.
- This Agreement is made under and will be interpreted according to the State of Alabama, United States. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Birmingham, Alabama, United States to determine any matter or dispute which arises between us.
- If any legal action arises relating to this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover all court costs, expenses, and reasonable attorney fees.
- We welcome inquiries or feedback on our Site. Unless specifically stated by you, we shall treat any information you provide us with, as non-proprietary and non-confidential.
- If you have questions or comments regarding this Site, or Family Wellness International Institute products or services, please email us at email@example.com